Saturday, September 15, 2012

Recently Made // Kitchenette

Number two on my twenty-four by twenty-four was to build a table. I was given an old sewing machine with a cast iron sewing machine base, and the ever functional, aesthetically pleasing, and free pallet made for a great table top. My mother and I had picked up an old pallet from an amish man. This pallet was beat. I saw a better one as we were leaving, but the car was already loaded, so I resigned to having to sand 'er down! Not only was it caked with dirt, but the nails were so rusted that there is absolutely no way I would have gotten the pallet apart without the help of my father and a rotary saw? I think that's the one... My original plan was just for the table, I don't know why I didn't consider chairs! Harley and I picked up some chairs on the side of the road, also beat and in need of a little refurbishing. I had picked up some burlap sacks for another project, and thought covering the chairs with the burlap would look great with the aesthetic of the pallet. I added a few coats of lacquer to seal the top of the table. I am very pleased! I can't wait to set up my new kitchen!
 
Here are a few pictures during the process:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...