Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursday Tunes // CHVRCHES

Today was a big in for music in my little life. I bought my first ever album on iTunes and a digital download at a show Tuesday night.
A while ago I blogged about one of my favorite bands, Alpine. Via their twitter, I learned about this amazing band, CHVRCHES. I promptly downloaded their EP from iTunes (and you can too!).

Glasgow, Scotland, should be proud of this trending trio. Formed in 2011, Lauren Mayberry, Iain Cook and Martin Doherty draw influences from Prince and Depeche Mode. With a sound similar to Cults who flooded the sound waves last summer, CHVRCHES is sure to be an electropop staple sound during this upcoming blue skies and cool nights.

If you were able to see them (or Alpine for that matter) at SXSW, I am the most jealous. You can be sure to hear them on repeat should you find yourself walking by my apartment or car.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...