Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sewing Party!

A week or so ago, Brandon and I had a little sewing party, well sort of. It started with me sewing and him laying on my bed, taking pictures of himself.

I had made a little toile of Sarah's wedding dress out of a dumpstered lace table cloth, because I had never sewn with lace before and I needed practice! I had tried to dye the whole thing brown, but those lace fibers just didn't take! The dress had french seams that were too bulky for the invisible zipper so I decided to try to salvage the lace and make it into a t-shirt. I used old white t-shirts as well.

It is getting a little bent out of shape, perhaps table cloths are just meant for tables, but I will be doing a tutorial on sewing with lace in a bit that will explain more about the process and my learning process.

Brandon sewed an old Fear Before The March of Flames shirt (it was too tight) to another shirt. He's so cute. He commented "Man, the other shirts I did this to turned out so much better." To which I replied "That's because I did them!" Which is true! Too funny.

My Outfit details:
sweater & purse: thrifted
shirts & skirt: handmade & reconstructed
necklace: c/o Chateau Christine
tights: target
shoes: vintage c/o Anna

2 comments:

Amber said...

well you certainly are a better seamstress than me, I try so hard to get the hang of it but it just doesnt seem to take

iseeyoubrightly said...

You just have to keep practicing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...