Friday, January 7, 2011

A Quick Touch up

My mother and I just got back from the thrift store. My main goal in going was to get old sweaters to cut up and make things for my fashion show, but while I was perusing, I took a look at the purses. I have been looking for a good long strapped bag. I stumbled upon a brown and black one that were exactly what I was looking for, and an idea popped into my head as soon as I saw the black one- add studs. A while back, I wrote this post about some boots that I spruced up. I had some left over studs, so I decided they would be just the thing to touch up my new-to-me black purse.

The purse as I bought it. I drew a line with a ruler where I wanted to the studs to be.

Then I figured out how I wanted to the studs to go since I had two sizes. I used an x-acto knife with my ruler underneath to cut small slits for the studs, and I use jewelry pliers to bend the prongs.

Simple and slightly edgy! I love it!
If you are looking to do something like this, you can purchase multi-colored and shaped studs on Crush Crush Etsy's shop or on Angry, Young, and Poor.

2 comments:

Amber said...

well arent you clever :)

Kathleen said...

You are awesome. I love your 'new' purse!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...