Friday, August 20, 2010

Boots

I started this post on 17 May. I saw these boots at Hot Topic, and I thought they were so cute.

But I am trying not to buy unnecessary, slave labored items. I already have a handful of boots, so I decided to revamp an old pair. I spent approximately $8.00 on sealer and spray paint.

I had gotten these brown boots from Payless when Oprah had some half off the entire store special.

I put masking tape on the bottom, and sprayed the sealer first. The sealer was supposed to help the spray paint to keep from cracking. Going from a dark color to a light color was not the best idea. I used the entire can of robins egg spray paint (they didn't have a very teal color). Luckily, my partner and best friend had a can of the robins egg that he let me have to do the finishing touches.

Brandon also gave me all the studs to spruce the straps up a bit. I wore them to work the other day with skinny jeans, a white tee, and white studded belt. I got so many compliments. "Where did you get your boots?" "I made them... kinda." One of my coworkers said I would be a drag queen's dream. I will take that as a compliment. However, they did start to crack, and as much as I would like to think that makes them more punk rock, I am probably going to spray them like crazy with the sealer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...