Monday, August 2, 2010

Finished!

I started a project covering a bookcase my father had made with strips of 2.25 inch paper going in different directions. I don't remember exactly when I started with the priming but I have a picture from 12 July of the first couple of strips going up.

Well 2378573 strips, two and a half bottles of elmer's glue, and three weeks later (I don't really know how many strips it took, I wish I would have kept count) it is finally finished!



It still reeks (literally, I lacquered it on the porch and the whole house smells awful) but I am just so excited to stack the shelves with my fabric that I brought it in my room. I have the ceiling fan and stand alone fan both blasting on high. I am so pleased with the way it looks I almost want to cover my desk and my bed to match!
I tried to find other fun bookcase renovation ideas, I feel like The Big Ass Book of Home Decor might have some ideas, and here is an idea from on of my favorite crafty sites, Cut Out + Keep:
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...