Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Craft Space @home

creative corner
In my room at my parent's place, this is my craft corner. I set it up this way right before I left for school again, which made it rather difficult. All of the fabric and yarn and practically all of my supplies used to be contained in about five of those huge storage containers under my bed.
This left me very uninspired most of the time.
I set about making my space more conducive for a creative mind. My wonderful father built the desk and shelving unit. And this little corner now hold practically everything- fabric, yarn, paint, scrapbook paper, scetch books, pastels, colored pencils, 35mm SLRs, paper cutter, glue, sewing machine, embroidery machine, five string coverlock machine (the last two are recent additions from my dear friend Emily) and there is a four string overlock machine in the box underneath the desk. The only thing you cannot see in this picture is my bust and my dress form. This space is now perfect for inspiring creativity, yet I am not home to dwell in this space. (Tomorrow I will post about my current creative space! ) It is so important to surround yourself with things that will "spur you on." Try to find new ways to increase your creative flow!

1 comment:

Tina Marie :) said...

Can I say that I am jealous of your crafting space? haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...