Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Favorite Baltimore Spots

Yesterday I took my mother to some of my favorite spots in Baltimore. I had to run some errands in the same neighborhoods so it worked out perfectly! We started in Hampden, drifted through Charles Village and Station North, and headed down to Fells Point.

Yes, my favorite places have either shoes, sweets, or both. Ma Petite Shoe is a stellar shoe and chocolate store. I would pop in on my lunch break for the chocolate candies and the eye candy. Apart from their joyous Jeffrey Campbell collection, I fell in love with these big-bowed mint heels by Irregular Choice.

After we tried on shoes, we moved our feet down to 27th Street to get a cupcake (or three) from Sweet 27. I've blogged about them a little bit before. They make a scrumptious caramel apple cupcake with chunks of apples in it- yum! Today they had fresh chocolate cappuccino cupcakes, it was much more moist than my raspberry ganache cupcake...
After the real sweets, it was on to more eye candy at Poppy and Stella. My favorite heels come from Poppy and Stella: Jeffrey Campbell's understated Motown wedge and t-strap wedges by Restricted.
We ended the day with some rhubarb and pineapple sorbet from one of Baltimore's best, Pitango. I love the taste of the organically grown Pennsylvania rhubarbs! And it was my mother's first time tasting the tart flavor.
I had a great time showing my mother around! Having lived in Maryland for twenty-four years, my mother informed me, "I have never seen so much of the city!"
image sources: 1. 2. 3. 4.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm sorry, shoe and chocolate store? My word, that is brilliant.

iseeyoubrightly said...

If you ever make it down the east coast, you should check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...