Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Handmade: Christmas

Christmas at my house is always such a blessed time. I tried to make most of my gifts this year. And I was house sitting the week before Christmas, which I had wished to use to make all of gifts in secret. But it didn't quite work out that way...

Kim and I made some mittens out of a shrunk wool sweater. So warm!

I went to Amazing Glaze and painted my grandfather a mug with our faces on it. When we were children, every Christmas my mother would give my grandfather a mug with all three of our faces on it. We have not done that in a while, so I thought this would be cute.

I also made "monkeys" for people. They hardly look like monkeys. These two here I made for my brother and his girlfriend. They are holding gift cards to a couples massage.

I made this monkey at Build-a-bear for my mother. This way she can still hug me while I am gone. She loved it, and knew as soon as she opened it. I was afraid she was going to figure it out considering I left the build a bear box in my room, there was a monkey hand on the ground, and little red glasses on my desk... Maybe she was just being polite.

I also made a lot of cookies- for my family, my brother and his wife, Kim's family, Travis' family. We had a disaster at the townhouse trying to make a tripled sugar cookie recipe. Let's just say, no one got any sugar cookies.

1 comment:

Jen Price said...

Homemade is the best! I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...